VpCI-309 Pouch contains a Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI) powder for corrosion protection of ferrous metals in recessed areas, interior cavities, and voids. The pouches are constructed from breathable Tyvek®, which allows the VpCI molecules to be emitted through the membrane and form a molecular layer on metal surfaces providing corrosion protection. VpCI-309 pouch is easy to use: there are no chemical concentrations to calculate and no need for special equipment for application; just determine the number of pouches required per unit space. VpCI-309 Pouches provide a clean method for corrosion protection. VpCI-309 Pouch provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. The VpCI vaporizes and adsorbs on all metal surfaces reaching all exposed areas including recessed sections and interior cavities. VpCI-309 Pouches are available as a string of 50 pouches. Crimped edges may be cut to form smaller strings or even individual pouches on site. Custom orders are also available.
- Tubular structures, pipes, vessels, and turbines
- Internal surfaces of compressors, turbines, engines, tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers
- Dry lay-up of closed circuit cooling systems
- Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
- Parts, components, and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
- Segmental concrete bridge tendons/cables
VpCI-309 Pouches are available as 50 units per carton. Do not store in conditions above 150°F (65°C). Close cartons between uses. The shelf life of unopened cartons of VpCI-309 Pouches is up to 24 months.